US Army Thunderhorse 2-12 Cavalry Regiment receives first M1A2 SEP V4 Abrams tank
The M1A2 SEP V4 includes new equipment and upgrades to existing systems. Some of the new equipment includes:
- Improved situational awareness and networking capabilities through the installation of a new digital battlefield management system.
- Integration of third generation (3GEN) FLIR the cornerstone technology that will provide tank crews the ability to identify enemy targets farther than ever before. The 3GEN FLIR will be an upgrade to both sights and will be common with other combat platforms.
- An upgraded power generation system, which includes the installation of an auxiliary power unit (APU) and a new power distribution system.
- Increased armor protection, including the installation of enhanced armor packages on the hull and turret.
- Improved fire control and targeting systems, including the integration of a new third-generation thermal imaging system and a new laser rangefinder.
- An upgraded driver's display and control system, which includes a new color display and improved controls for the driver.
- A new air conditioning system to improve crew comfort in extreme temperatures.
US Army Thunderhorse 2-12 Cavalry Regiment receives first M1A2 SEP V4 Abrams tank | Defense News January 2023 Global Security army industry | Defense Security global news industry army year 2023 | Archive News year
US Army Thunderhorse 2-12 Cavalry Regiment receives first M1A2 SEP V4 Abrams main battle tank MBT